At Booker, we are all about the success of the small business entrepreneur. Somewhere, in someone’s garage, the next game changing business is being incubated! As Inc. Magazine's "The Top Small Business Software for 2015", Booker Software is passionate about helping small business succeed, and are disrupting the ecosystem to make it happen! How? By providing small businesses with the same tools and technologies that normally are only available to large, multinational corporations.
We are totally focused on leveling this playing field, and we think we’re onto something, so do some of the world’s most prominent VC’s, including Bain Capital Ventures, Medina Capital, Revolution Ventures, TDF Ventures, and Grotech Ventures, who have just participated in a successful $35MM funding round. Our strategic partners include some of the world’s most prominent firms in e-commerce: First Data, InfusionSoft, Yelp, and Groupon.
They are betting on us to make this vision a reality, and investors and partners like these can't be wrong!
Sound interesting? We thought so. Read on.
The Principal DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the issues and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with established SLAs, maintaining communication with the affected stakeholders to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating issues.
- Use High speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedure and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance and implement changes when required
- Solid knowledge of SQL and Transact SQL with a minimum of 8 years hands on experience
- Experience with Database Administration for MS SQL Server (2008R2)
- Experience with large environments is helpful (10+ servers, 100+ databases)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Reporting Service required
- Ability to perform in pressure and time sensitive situations
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) experience
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
- Good communication and documentation skills
- BS or BA or equivalent work experience