Booker is looking for a talented, creative and passionate designer to join our Arizona-based marketing team. This role will work closely with a diverse marketing team to deliver stellar digital experiences and compelling advertising. The designer will help us implement a brand refresh and set the standard for use of the Booker brand as well as creating a wide variety of creative assets.
The right candidate will have the ability to understand the needs of each project and be nimble enough to switch from one to the other without missing a mark. We work fast, and have an open, supportive team and a creative environment. We need fresh ideas and consistent design quality. If this sounds like a great challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design websites, email campaigns, banner ads, interactive campaigns, landing pages, video assets, social media campaigns & more, while maintaining brand guidelines and working under tight deadlines.
- Ensure a high level of quality and consistency from minute details to "big picture" on each project.
- Present work to both marketing and cross-functional teams.
- Update copy and images on designs for final delivery and implementation.
- Take feedback from stakeholder and implement design changes.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- Passion for creating excellent design and natural interest in keeping an eye on what’s current as well as new design tools to create mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Experience designing for responsive websites, landing pages, email blasts, banner ads, microsites, etc. (We will ask you for samples and to complete a design project as part of the interview process).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain design best practices for web and print and provide background and explanation for design decisions as needed.
- Experience presenting design mock-ups and other assets to stakeholders.
- Design versatility is a must and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- 2+ years professional experience as a Graphic Designer.
- 2+ years professional experience in web design.
- Knowledge of and history of proficiency and creation of pixel-perfect designs in PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Well organized with ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up, fast paced and demanding environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Computer Animation (or related field). BFA a huge plus. (Preferred)
- Strong knowledge of UX best practices and ability to articulate what works in design for online experiences. (Preferred)
- Experience reviewing web analytics as a tool to understand web visitor behavior and guide design decisions. (Preferred)
This brief summary is not an all-inclusive description of job duties. Other job duties and responsibilities may also be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor at any time
Booker Software is a proud Equal Opportunity employer, m/f/d/v.