At Booker, we’re passionate about helping small businesses succeed. We provide health, wellness and beauty entrepreneurs with world-class tools to run and grow their businesses. Our software has won multiple industry awards and is used by over 128,000 professionals at over 12,000 locations daily.
We are focused on leveling the playing field, and we think we’re onto something. So do some of the world’s most prominent VC’s, including Bain Capital Ventures, Revolution Ventures, First Data, TDF Ventures, & Medina Capital, who participated in a successful $35MM funding round. Our strategic partners include some of the world’s most prominent firms in serving Small Businesses and their consumers: First Data, Yelp, and Groupon.
Headquartered in New York City, Booker does business in over 70 countries around the world. With over 170 employees in 3 locations, including NY, California, and Arizona! Booker is expanding and looking for like-minded people to join our team. Now is the time to be a part of the Booker Team!
Sound interesting? We thought so. Read on…
Booker is looking for a talented, creative and passionate designer to join our Arizona-based marketing team. This role will work closely with a diverse marketing team to deliver stellar digital experiences and compelling advertising. The designer will help us implement a brand refresh and set the standard for use of the Booker brand as well as creating a wide variety of creative assets.
The right candidate will have the ability to understand the needs of each project and be nimble enough to switch from one to the other without missing a mark. We work fast, and have an open, supportive team and a creative environment. We need fresh ideas and consistent design quality. If this sounds like a great challenge, we’d love to meet you.
Fun things you'll get to work on:
- Design websites, email campaigns, banner ads, interactive campaigns, landing pages, video assets, social media campaigns & more, while maintaining brand guidelines and working under tight deadlines.
- Ensure a high level of quality and consistency from minute details to "big picture" on each project.
- Present work to both marketing and cross-functional teams.
- Update copy and images on designs for final delivery and implementation.
- Take feedback from stakeholder and implement design changes.
- Passion for creating excellent design and natural interest in keeping an eye on what’s current as well as new design tools to create mockups, prototypes, etc.
- Experience designing for responsive websites, landing pages, email blasts, banner ads, microsites, etc. (We will ask you for samples and to complete a design project as part of the interview process).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain design best practices for web and print and provide background and explanation for design decisions as needed.
- Experience presenting design mock-ups and other assets to stakeholders.
- Design versatility is a must and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- 2+ years professional experience as a Graphic Designer.
- 2+ years professional experience in web design.
- Knowledge of and history of proficiency and creation of pixel-perfect designs in PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Well organized with ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial start-up, fast paced and demanding environment.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Design, Computer Animation (or related field). BFA a huge plus.
- Strong knowledge of UX best practices and ability to articulate what works in design for online experiences.
- Experience reviewing web analytics as a tool to understand web visitor behavior and guide design decisions.