Booker is transforming the way local services are managed by businesses and discovered by consumers. Booker replaces everything from manual methods to disconnected software and unifies the essential components of running a service business into a single web-based platform, accessible from any device. Booker also enables service business to sell their services online, through their website and a network of partner sites and apps, creating a seamless online booking experience for consumers. Booker processes over 3M appointments each month across 9000+ clients in 75 countries. Headquartered in New York City, Booker’s customers include Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of local service businesses.
HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES
We are seeking a dynamic, experienced and corporate culture focused leader to transform Booker’s HR practices into an HR Business Partner Model that will strengthen and support our mission, vision and core values.
The Head of HR will report directly to the CEO & CFO. In partnership with the leadership team, the Head of HR will drive Benefits, Compensation, Policies and Procedures, Payroll, 401k, Training and Development, Culture, Talent Acquisition & the overall HR Budget. This role will manage a small team, including recruiting, benefits, and remote office managers and therefore requires someone who is a player/coach and able to execute on projects without a large infrastructure. Importantly, he/she will be charged with maintaining and furthering a healthy, fun, and mission-driven culture that reflects our core values.
We are seeking a senior level, hands-on HR professional with a depth and breadth of experience in all aspects of Human Resources with hands-on experience in leading and transforming an organization to an HR Business Partner Model. This is an opportunity for a creative HR professional to enhance the overall HR & Talent capabilities at Booker Software.
High Priority Initiatives
- Build and execute a plan to move Booker to an HR Business Partner Model
- Assess and align employee engagement and recognition programs with Booker’s Mission, Vision and Core Values.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to develop and implement programs that drive employee satisfaction, development, and retention.
- Ensure all HR operations are carried out smoothly and effectively in several states: NY, AZ, CA, and PA.
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel to ensure policies are appropriately drafted for compliance.
- Oversee new employee onboarding, employee training, management development programs, and career pathing initiatives.
- Plan and coordinate company and charity events that support the dynamic Booker culture.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Align and execute HR programs in support of business objectives.
- Administer benefit programs including health, dental, life, FSA, PTO, leaves of absence, and employee assistance.
- Research and maintain market salary data to make sure compensation remains competitive.
- Establish and maintain employee policies, procedures, and programs, including onboarding, off-boarding procedures and exit interviews.
- Design and implement performance review process, tools, and systems.
- Provide coaching and support to leadership for career pathing and employee development.
- Assess need for training & development as well as succession planning programs for employees.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws.
- Establish processes and systems required to manage unemployment and worker’s compensation claims.
- Manage employee community involvement and social activities while promoting a healthy culture as well as employee engagement and satisfaction.
Experience, Skills, Background
- Active SHRM member and certification
- Experience in transforming an organization to an HR business partner model
- Willingness to travel in the early stages of the transformation
- Willingness to lead from the front
- Training others on the HRBP model, including Executive level
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in Human Resources Management
- Master’s degree in Human Resources management preferred
- SHRBP certification